InternationalIran Faces Warning from Donald Trump Over Delayed Deal

Date:

Iran Faces Warning from Donald Trump Over Delayed Deal

Donald Trump has again warned that the United States could launch fresh military strikes against Iran if ongoing tensions fail to ease in the coming days.

Speaking to reporters on Tuesday, Trump said he hoped another war would not be necessary but suggested Washington may have to deliver what he described as “another big hit.” When asked about the timeline for a possible decision, he indicated the next few days would be critical, mentioning Friday through early next week as a likely window.

Threat of renewed conflict grows

Trump’s latest remarks have revived fears of another escalation in hostilities between the US and Iran.

Tehran has continued resisting American demands to fully dismantle the remaining parts of its nuclear programme despite weeks of military strikes that began in late February. However, Trump has repeatedly alternated between threatening further attacks and stepping back from military action since a ceasefire agreement was reached on April 8.

The conflict has severely disrupted shipping through the Strait of Hormuz, one of the world’s most important oil transit routes, triggering sharp increases in global energy prices and inflation concerns.

Investors have also reacted nervously to the growing instability. Yields on long term US Treasury bonds recently climbed to their highest levels in nearly two decades amid fears about the broader economic consequences of the Middle East conflict.

Iran continues pressure through Hormuz

Although Iran has suffered significant military losses from US and Israeli strikes, including damage to key military assets and the deaths of senior commanders, the Iranian leadership has remained in power.

US officials have grown frustrated by Tehran’s continued ability to disrupt shipping around Hormuz, contributing to a sharp rise in fuel prices across the United States.

Trump revealed on Monday that he had paused a planned bombardment of Iran after requests from regional allies including Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.

The US president has previously cited appeals from allied nations, including mediation efforts by Pakistan, as factors behind shifts in his Iran policy.

Oil markets remain tense

Global oil markets continue to react sharply to developments around the conflict.

Brent crude slipped around 1 percent on Tuesday after Trump’s latest comments but still remained above 110 dollars per barrel.

Despite the decline, oil prices remain more than 50 percent higher than levels seen before the war began with joint US Israeli strikes on Iran.

Shipping activity through Hormuz has slowed again, while traders are closely monitoring whether NATO could eventually step in to help secure maritime passage if the blockade continues into July.

Some analysts, however, believe financial markets are becoming less reactive to Trump’s threats because several previous warnings did not lead to immediate military action.

Bjarne Schieldrop of SEB AB said Trump’s verbal interventions once had a strong impact on oil prices but appear to be losing influence unless backed by concrete developments. He added that negotiations between Washington and Tehran still show little sign of compromise from either side.

Regional tensions continue to spread

The fragility of the ceasefire became clear on Sunday after a drone strike hit the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant in the UAE, causing a fire at a nearby power station and forcing emergency generators to be activated.

The International Atomic Energy Agency later confirmed that normal power had been restored, easing concerns over safety at the Middle East’s largest nuclear facility.

Iran has meanwhile signaled that Gulf countries could once again become targets if the US resumes direct attacks.

Wider diplomatic and military developments

Elsewhere, Scott Bessent urged European allies during a G7 address to support stronger action against Iran and called on Middle Eastern and Asian countries to dismantle Iranian shadow banking networks.

US Central Command also said it has redirected 88 vessels and disabled four ships while enforcing the blockade around Hormuz.

Meanwhile, Vladimir Putin is expected to discuss the Iran conflict with Xi Jinping during his visit to China this week.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Norway Dispute Deepens After ‘Racist’ Cartoon Targets Narendra Modi

A cartoon published by leading Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten during...

iOS 27 Siri Upgrade from Apple Could Come Through Dedicated New App

Apple could finally be preparing a major upgrade for...

Confusion on Sidelines Leaves Neymar Fuming During Crucial Match

Neymar endured a frustrating and chaotic evening during what...

Bengal Govt Discontinues Stipend Programme for Religious Leaders Under Suvendu Adhikari

The West Bengal cabinet on Monday approved the discontinuation...