InternationalIran Signals Tighter Oversight of Internet Cables Beneath Strait of Hormuz

Date:

Iran Signals Tighter Oversight of Internet Cables Beneath Strait of Hormuz

A senior Iranian source said Tehran plans to address the nuclear issue at a later stage as indirect negotiations with the United States continue through mediation efforts led by Pakistan, according to Reuters.

The latest Iranian proposal reportedly seeks a permanent end to the ongoing conflict, relief from sanctions and the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz, which remains at the centre of global energy concerns.

Iran and US continue indirect talks

Esmaeil Baghaei said Tehran and Washington are continuing to exchange comments and proposed amendments through indirect diplomatic channels.

Baghaei reiterated that Iran’s right to enrich uranium under international agreements remains non negotiable. He also cautioned regional countries, including the United Arab Emirates, against deepening ties with Israel.

Senior Iranian official Mohsen Rezaei warned the US against maintaining its blockade of Iranian ports, saying the Sea of Oman could become a dangerous zone if tensions escalate further.

At the same time, reports suggest the Israeli military is preparing for the possibility of renewed hostilities with Iran, including potential strikes targeting energy infrastructure.

Pakistan reportedly hosted mediation efforts between the US and Iran on Sunday in an attempt to reduce tensions.

Trump renews warnings to Iran

Donald Trump has again issued strong warnings to Tehran as the fragile ceasefire between the two sides remains uncertain.

Trump said time was running out for Iran to accept a peace agreement with Washington and warned that severe consequences could follow if Iranian leaders fail to move quickly toward negotiations.

Iranian state linked media outlet Mehr News Agency earlier reported that the latest American response to Tehran’s negotiating proposal did not offer any significant concessions.

Drone strike reported near UAE nuclear plant

Regional tensions intensified further after a drone attack in the Al Dhafra region of the UAE caused a fire involving an electrical generator at the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant.

Authorities said the Arab world’s only operational nuclear facility continued functioning normally and confirmed there had been no radiation leak.

Israel Lebanon tensions rise again

The situation along Israel’s northern border has also worsened despite ongoing ceasefire discussions involving Hezbollah.

Israel said it carried out strikes on around 100 targets in southern Lebanon over the past two days even after negotiators agreed to extend the ceasefire arrangement by another 45 days.

Strait of Hormuz remains under focus

Iran has also announced plans to introduce a new framework for regulating maritime traffic through the Strait of Hormuz, including possible shipping tolls.

Any disruption in the vital waterway could further destabilise global energy markets already shaken by the conflict in West Asia.

Gaza death toll continues to rise

Meanwhile, the humanitarian crisis in Gaza continues to deepen.

According to the Palestinian health ministry, six people were killed and at least 40 injured in Israeli strikes over the past 24 hours. Rescue teams also recovered four more bodies from beneath the rubble of destroyed buildings.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

iOS 27 Siri Upgrade from Apple Could Come Through Dedicated New App

Apple could finally be preparing a major upgrade for...

Confusion on Sidelines Leaves Neymar Fuming During Crucial Match

Neymar endured a frustrating and chaotic evening during what...

Bengal Govt Discontinues Stipend Programme for Religious Leaders Under Suvendu Adhikari

The West Bengal cabinet on Monday approved the discontinuation...

Zee Entertainment Enterprises Faces Legal Action from Reliance Disney Over Alleged Unauthorized Film Airings

JioStar, the broadcasting and streaming venture backed by Reliance...