InternationalIran Calls Trump’s Ceasefire Claim ‘False and Baseless’ as Conflict Deepens

Date:

Iran Calls Trump’s Ceasefire Claim ‘False and Baseless’ as Conflict Deepens

Iran on Wednesday dismissed comments made by United States President Donald Trump about a possible ceasefire, firmly denying that any such request had come from Tehran.

A spokesperson for Iran’s foreign ministry described Trump’s claim as “false and baseless,” according to Iranian state television cited by Reuters. The response came after Trump stated earlier in the day that Iran’s leadership had reached out to him seeking a halt in hostilities. Iranian officials rejected this outright, noting that there has been no change in the country’s leadership.

In a post shared on Truth Social, Trump said he would only consider a ceasefire if the Strait of Hormuz remained open and secure. He also issued a warning, saying the United States would continue aggressive action against Iran until those conditions were met.

Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi, speaking in an interview with Al Jazeera aired late Tuesday, indicated that Tehran is prepared to continue the conflict if necessary. He criticized the use of threats and ultimatums, stating that Iran would not accept such language and would not impose any timeline on defending itself.

Separately, Trump suggested that the United States may scale back its involvement in the conflict in the near future, though he left room for targeted military action if required. When asked about a possible end to the war, he said the timeline remained uncertain but added that the US would withdraw relatively soon.

He also asserted that Iran no longer has the capability to develop nuclear weapons, and said the US would only return for limited strikes if the situation demanded it. A day earlier, Trump had indicated that the conflict could potentially conclude within two to three weeks, even in the absence of a formal agreement.

In addition, the US President reiterated his criticism of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, saying he is seriously considering the possibility of withdrawing the United States from the alliance.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

West Asia Developments and Quad Plans Take Spotlight at Major Delhi Meeting

Developments in West Asia, growing tensions in the Indo-Pacific...

Long-Awaited King Conan Project Gets 2027 Timeline from Arnold Schwarzenegger

Arnold Schwarzenegger has confirmed that the long-awaited return of...

‘The Hate Was Unreal’: Vijay Shankar Announces Retirement from Cricket

Vijay Shankar has announced his retirement from domestic cricket...

Interim Relief for Umar Khalid as Court Allows Bail for Mother’s Medical Procedure

The Delhi High Court has granted interim bail to...